STEELMAN FAMILY FOUNDATION
2016-2017 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
1. The scholarship applicant must be able to meet post secondary education program requirements and must live within the attendance boundaries of the Tigard/Tualatin School District
2. The scholarship funds shall be directly applied to an accredited college, university, or vocational training program.
3. The scholarship applicant must provide the names and addresses of two references below. This application must be accompanied by a letter from each of these references. One reference must be a mentor/expert in your field of intended study. The other reference must be someone (other than a family member) who can identify your involvement in community service.
4. The scholarship application must be accompanied by a resume, scholastic transcript, and an original essay on the topic Serving The Child With Disabilities. Essay requirements are as follows:
A. The essay should be approximately 500 words.
B. The essay must be typed or computer printed, double spaced.
C. The essay must be on the topic Serving The Child With Disabilities, and explain how you have touched children’s lives with service in your local, state, or world community.
D. Essays written by scholarship recipients may be published in a public forum.
5. A completed application consists of a fully filled out application form, a resume, a transcript, an essay, and two reference letters. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. The completed application must be received NO LATER THAN October 15, 2016 by the Scholarship Committee at the following address: Steelman Family Foundation, Attention 2017 Scholarships, 15640 NE Fourth Plain Blvd., Suite 120-A, Vancouver, WA 98682.
Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. You will not receive a receipt of your application.
6. All materials submitted with the application become property of the Steelman Family Foundation and they WILL NOT BE RETURNED to the applicant.
7. The Steelman Family Foundation may award up to three scholarships of $1,500 each, in its sole discretion.
8. Scholarship winners will be notified of their award on or before May 15, 2017.
9. The scholarship award will be paid by the Steelman Family Foundation directly to the registrar of the college or vocational program in which the applicant is enrolled.
10. Winning applicants and their parents will be invited to attend the annual October Fund Raising event to participate in an award presentation during October, 2017.
11. By agreeing to accept a scholarship, the applicant irrevocably consents to the Steelman Family Foundation’s use of applicant’s image in any and all of its publications, including social media and websites.
12. Funds for the scholarships are raised during the year through private and community donations through out the year. The
Steelman Family Foundation anticipates that scholarship funds will be disbursed to the scholarship winners’ schools by the end of August, 2017.